The player must get the highest combination to have the winning hand. The player must show up at the game table with an initial amount of money called “Buy-in”, which he bought at the cash register, placing it on the felt. During a game, the player can re-buy. No re-buy is possible during a hand. The player gets a seat assigned by a draw.
The club can determine, at each beginning of the session, the version of Texas Hold’em Poker practiced: Texas Hold Em Limit, Texas Hold Em Pot Limit, Texas Hold Em No Limit.
The dealer shuffles a deck of 52 cards in front of the players. The game begins with the placement of a marker (“Dealer” button). Before each deal, the 2 players immediately to the left of the Button must place a mandatory initial bet on the felt:
- The first player drops a bet (“Small Blind”) which is half of the minimum bet of the table.
- The second player places a bet (“Big Blind”) whose amount is at least equal to that of the “Small Blind” and at most the double.
Then, the dealer distributes the cards, one by one, face down, starting with the player sitting to the left of the Button and proceeding clockwise. Each player receives 2 cards that he must protect. After the deal, the players take notice of their hand.
During the game, the player has several game options:
- “Check”: This allows you to stay in the game when no higher bet is placed before the player
- “Betting”: the player drops a bet at least equal to the Big Blind
- “Fold”: the player places his cards in front of him, face down
- “Call“: the player places a bet equal to that of the player who precedes him
- “Raise“: the player places a higher bet at least two times the amount of the bet placed before his turn
The first round of betting
The dealer then proceeds to the first round of betting.
- The player to the left of the player who bet the “Big Blind” speaks first. It has three options: “Fold”, “Call” or “Raise”
- The following players (up to the player who bet the “Small Blind”) determine themselves in the same way
- The player who bet the “Small Blind” then speaks. It can “Fold,” “Call” or “Raise”
- The player who bet the “Big Blind” then speaks. It can “Call” “Fold” “Raise” or announce “Check”
When all the players in the game have bet the same amount, the first round of betting is over. The dealer picks up the bets he puts in the center of the table to make up the Pot.
The dealer burns the first card of the deck and exposes 3 open cards that make up the “Flop”. These 3 cards are common to all players still in play. At this point, the remaining players proceed to a second round of betting starting with the one most to the left of the Button.
The dealer burns the first card in the deck and exposes an additional open card that determines the “Turn.” Then the players proceed to the third round of betting.
The dealer burns the first card in the deck and exposes a last open card that determines the River. Players make the last round of betting. All of these 5 cards are called the “Board.”
The dealer asks the remaining players to proceed with the showdown of their two cards in the order of the Button. The best hand is determined by a combination of 5 cards from the 7 cards available to players. The winning hand is the one with the highest combination.
In the event of a tie between combinations of 2 or more players, the strongest hand will be the one with the highest player card outside of these combinations (“Kicker”).
In a perfect tie, the Pot will be split between all hands tied. Perfect tie when players have the same combination of 5 cards from their 2 cards or one of their 2 cards and the Board, or only the Board. The dealer gives the winner the entire Pot, minus the rake.
Hand combination at Texas Hold em